Sunday, July 7, 2013

Playing catch up, during the winter Breaks, Bearings and gas tank on the W200

W200 Club cab

 My truck the W200 was up on the lift from February to April.
While it was up it got all new breaks (soft and hard lines, Calibers, Pads, shoes). 
 The front passenger side wheel bearing and inner axial were trashed as the last guy who had it apart did not assemble the bearing in the right order. The front axial is a Dana 44-HD just like on the M880. I got a used font right axial off of eBay, new bearings from the local parts store and was a victim of highway robbery at the local dodge dealer ship for an Axial Nut..
The new soft lines did not bolt up correctly, I fabricated an adapter. These lines are far easier to find and less expensive than NOS.
 Replaced the upper and lower ball joints.
 The W200 has an after market trailer break controller. I might keep if it cleans up nice. I don’t  like the idea of putting a T on the break line(as see in the photo) and running that line trough the fire wall and into the controller on the dash.
 I went through the differentials changed the gear oil and and by April thought I could at least drive it around the yard, my mistake.
   1. The power steering rubber line was leaking like a sieve.
   2. The break booster diaphragm had a large vacuum leak. So I thought way not make a clean sweep and replace both the Master cylinder and the Break Booster. The way all new breaks.   
The Gas tank fuel level sending unit for these tanks are crazy expensive. Since I am doing two of these 78s I bought one sending unit and I am using it as a guild to remake a generic unit to the same spec. 


No comments:

Post a Comment